This article is for you if you have already bought a water heater but are still unsure about how to mount it. You can install the water heater yourself or supervise the work of the installers involved in the installation if you depend on it.
To begin, I believe it is appropriate to inform you that the installation of a storage water heater should be performed by a trained professional in compliance with current regulations and sanitary and hygienic standards. If you are unsure whether or not you should mount the heating system yourself, we recommend that you hire a professional.
Operational Principles And Fundamental Elements
This system is intended for use within houses, in domestic and utility rooms, and is designed to heat water below the boiling point, allowing for the use of hot water at multiple locations (bathroom, kitchen, and toilet), as well as maintaining the set temperature in automatic mode.
The amount of time it takes for the water to heat up is determined by the size of the water heater and the strength of the heating device.
The Following Are The Key Components Of A Water Heater
- Thermal insulation, which ensures that even though the water heater is turned off, there is limited heat loss.
- The inner tank
- There is a heating element.
- A temperature regulator that allows you to set the ideal water heating temperature.
- With the on-off regulation of the heating unit, the thermostat controls the fixed temperature.
- A safety valve is located at the water heater’s inlet which prevents water from returning to the water supply line while also shielding the internal tank from overpressure.
- Anode made of magnesium, which adds to the inner tank’s corrosion resistance.
Wall-mounting The Water Heater
Using of brackets and hooks, it secure the heater to a solid wall (not always included in the delivery set).
You’ll need 2 or 4 of these hooks, depending on the model you select.
The prepared mount must be capable of supporting three times the weight of a full water heater.
Vertical models installed horizontally, and horizontal models must be installed vertically.
- To minimize heat loss, the system placed as far away from the water taps as possible (the place where water from the water heater will be used).
- In order to perform repairs, there must be at least 50 cm of free space around the unit and 10 cm from the ceiling.
- Use wall hooks to keep the heater bracket from moving around on its own.
- After you complete the installation, double-check that the fastening is safe.
- To prevent harm to the consumer’s and/or third parties’ property in the event of a failure in the hot water supply system. It is recommended that the water heater be installed in rooms with waterproofing floors and drainage into the sewer. That no items exposed to water be placed underneath the water heater.
Connecting The Water Heater
It is necessary to install the supplied safety valve.
It’s prohibit to mount any shut-off valves between the safety valve and the tank’s inlet, as well as to block the safety valve’s drain hole.
The water heater’s link to the water supply system it done with detachable connectors.
Operation And Start-up
Before connecting the heater to the power supply, make sure the tank is full of water. To do so, switch on the mixer’s hot water tap, then the tap that supplies tap water to the water heater.
Water can flow from the mixer as soon as the water heater also complete. Check for leaks on the flange.
After filling the water heating tank with water and testing for leaks. Then, into the outlet, insert the water heater’s waterproof electrical plug.
If the heater does not come with a power cable, link it to the power supply with the appropriate cable. Link the power cable to the terminal block by passing it through the corresponding hole in the device’s cover. After that, each wire secured with the appropriate screw.
- A grounded water heater .
- The power cables secured with cable clamps.
Ensure that the power supply is in compliance with the water heater’s technical details. Which found on the identification plate. Make sure you’re using a cable with the right cross-section.
No allowance of Tees, extensions, and adapters. Do not link the appliance’s grounding cable to any water or gas pipes.
A water heater’s installation is normally easy, so whether you do it yourself or hire a professional. The technician can ensure that your home has plenty of hot water.
Once you’ve trusted someone, you’ll never regret it. To mend your pipes, give us a call.